With great pleasure I hereby announce that we have just made the first release of the TimeScapers system under its official name: TimeRank.
As you might have noticed, we have been hard at work these past weeks on the TimeRank Planner, unique functionality of our software that tries to make educated suggestions on when you could consider doing which of your tasks. The version we have just deployed is still an early one, but does give an impression of what we have in mind.
Here’s a summary of all the changes since our previous deployment:
- The software has a fancy new name. The company is of course still called TimeScapers.
- Early beta version of the TimeRank Planner. This also replaces the calendar view.
- Project and task editing interface has been improved, crushing many bugs in the process.
- The project detail interface now shows and allows you to add project-related workunits, analogous to those in the task detail view.
- The Now! screen is now simply called Tasks. It has been visually improved, but is also up for revamping in the coming weeks.
- The preferences editing interface has been simplified. It still has one known problem: It’s not yet possible to change your email address. Our preferences editing interface expert is looking into this, it has to do with some more fundamental functionality we still have to implement.
- Many bugs fixed, thanks to feedback from many of you.
We have the following new features planned for the coming months:
- More intelligence in the Planner, adding the ability to take into account importance and also your preferences.
- A reporting module, so you can generate all kinds of fancy graphs and analyses of the work that you do. Personal analytics FTW.
- A mobile app. We’re initially aiming for Android and iPhone, and we’re dreaming about voice recognition for task addition.
- Many more usability improvements and bug fixes.
Thank you very much for your feedback up to now. We have tried to take care of as many as possible of your suggestions and bug reports. However, there are still some of your suggestions on the product backlog. Please do keep the feedback coming by sending mail to email@example.com.
Charl and Gerwin
4 thoughts on “First ever TimeRank released!”
YAAAAAAAAAAAY. LOVE IT. Especially since it says that by the end of this week, I will have finished ALL my tasks and projects. Okay maybe I will have to be more specific about the expected duration of certain tasks………….. But YAAAAAAY.
Don’t forget that you can now specify task durations as 1h30, or 2.5h or even 4wu. 🙂
(see http://timescapers.com/manual/projects_tasks.html#important-tips )
Can I try it now? 🙂
See email. 🙂